1. One of my favorite bands -- Eisley, whose dreamy melodic pop-rock sounds I first heard in a Barnes and Noble in 2005 -- has its fourth full-length album coming out later in May. The full album can be pre-ordered and previewed here. One of the songs:
2. Chvrches (pronounced "Churches"). From Glasgow, Scotland, this band has yet to release its first album. This song, with its 80's electronic sound, is insanely catchy:
3. Animal Kingdom has a new video from their new album:
4. Matthew Koma's "Parachute":
5. One of my favorite vocalists is Marc Martel, who has been headlining the Queen Extravaganza. Roger Taylor of Queen says that Martel's voice bears an "uncanny" resemblance to Freddie Mercury, which is an opinion shared by just about anyone who hears Martel's renditions of Queen songs. Martel has a solo EP out. Sample song (with a jaw-dropping high note in the passage starting at 2:28):
6. I've been enjoying the new Shiny Toy Guns album:
7. Travis has a brand-new video. I've liked this band ever since I saw the video for "Why Does It Always Rain on Me", probably on Fuse, back in 2000 or so.