Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Aggregators

I've experimented with three aggregators: SharpReader, SauceReader, and EasyFeed. What they all have in common is that I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get any of them to connect to the Internet. Every time that I try to get SauceReader, let's say, to access any page whatsoever, I get an error message: "SauceReader cannot connect to the Internet. Please check your Internet Settings." Then, the window for my cable connection comes up. But I have no idea what, if anything, needs to be changed there. Or when I try to use EasyFeed, it says, "The underlying connection was closed. Cannot connect to the remote server."

Anyone have any ideas?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Depends on how you are connecting to the Internet in other applications. Do you have a proxy server, or are you connecting directly? Check the settings of the aggregators and compare them to the settings in your browser - the proxy should be the same.

Or you could try a web-based aggregator like bloglines.com -- it works very well.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home