Wednesday, November 08, 2006


I don't have much of anything to say about the election; as long-time readers may have noticed, I'm less interested in the horse-race aspect of politics (i.e., popularity contests conducted by professional fundraisers) than I used to be.

Two things that I would point out:

1. Two classmates of mine were elected as state representatives: Raj Goyle in Kansas, and Jake Zimmerman in Missouri. Jake is hilarious -- one of the funniest things I've ever seen is Jake's dramatic recitation of the lyrics to REM's "Losing My Religion."

2. Having lived in Cambridge, Massachusetts for three years, I wasn't surprised at the results for the House race for that district: The Democrat got 91% of the vote. The other 9% went to a Communist candidate from the "Socialist Worker's Party."


Blogger Bill Baar said...

Lamont won in Conn and that's a very good thing worth celebrating.

If the election was a repudiation of Bush, it was certainly a reputdiation of Ned Lamont and his followers too.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Al Maviva said...

The communist only got 9% in Cambridge? Gosh, when did they go so right wing?

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home