Sunday, July 20, 2003

Random Observations

A few random items:
  • I can never remember the difference between "approbation" and "opprobrium." Which is not good, because they're basically opposites.

  • One of the weirdest things I ever saw on television: A Claymation music video of the Gypsy Chorus from Verdi's La Traviata. It was hilarious in a creepy sort of way.

  • One of the most mind-boggling coincidences I ever saw: While driving on I-395 in DC last year, a car passed me on the left. Its license plate read: "Tax Man." The very next car that passed me on the left had a license plate that read: "Law Man." In other words, the Law Man was following the Tax Man. (And the two cars weren't together; the Tax Man car exited soon thereafter and the Law Man car kept going.) I mean, what are the odds?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home